Forgot Password Login
Register a Patient
Demo Patient Account
Public Patient Updates
Related Links
Privacy Policy
Contact Us
Patient: Cheryl

Diagnosis: Breast Cancer
Sort Oldest First

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 08/06/2016 at 6:07 p.m.
Subject: All done, I hope!!!!!! 💕

Today is 8-6-2016. The doctors have told me that all the scan were good and the cancer is gone. I went yesterday on 8-5-2016 to have my final surgery to have my port taken out of my chest. Everything seemed to go well and I am resting today.
Within 2 weeks the doctor said that I should be fine.

I want to thank everyone that has helped me through this crazy journey in my life. Every thought, every prayer, every visit and all of the food bright over was so very thoughtful and sweet. I was given a lot of strength through all of the good people around me.

I love you all and can never thank you enough!! 🌷💕🙏

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 01/20/2016 at 6:11 p.m.
Subject: Last Chemo

What a great day! I had my last chemo today. Everything went really good. Mom, Sandy, Debbie, Melissa and Deon came to celebrate. They had a sign, a coconut cake, which was delicious, and sparkling juice and a bunch of goodies for me. We had a party and included all of the patients. All in all a great day. Thanks to everyone!

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 01/20/2016 at 07:27 a.m.
Subject: Last chemo today

Today will be my last chemo, of course, if my labs come in good. I have been blessed having both my sisters are coming into town to be with me on my last chemo, along with my daughter and my mother, we will all celebrate while I get my last chemo.
I'll send an update when I am done. Yay!

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 12/30/2015 at 8:45 p.m.

Today, the chemo did not go very well. I started to feel a lot of pressure in my lower back, as if it was going to snap in half. Then pressure in my thighs and then my chest. They stopped the chemo, gave me a shot of steroids and Benadryl. They went to get the doctor and they said that we may have this be my last chemo treatment. I was not happy that we may not get to finish this treatment and the following 3, to finish this phase. I wanted to get the full treatment as they said that I needed. After consulting with the Doctor, they decided to change the medicine. It will still be Taxol, but the medicine that they blend with it will change and will not give me these pressure points. I will go back tomorrow to get the 1st of 4 treatments this way. I hope it all works out.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 12/30/2015 at 05:12 a.m.

Okay, I have to apologize for not keeping up with reporting on my treatments. It seems like there is no time to write this once I started the weekly treatments.
We have gone to Roatan, Honduras in November and really enjoyed our time there again. The weather was perfect and it was a very relaxing trip. We enjoyed eating lobster and shrimp nearly every day and seeing friends that we made there last time. The boys that I've sorta adopted have gotten so big and really appreciated the gifts I brought them.
On the second day of our trip though, I developed neuropathy in my feet. I was able to call my doctor who told me the medicine to get and was able to find it on the island.

In December, we went on a cruise out of Galveston and stopped at Cozumel, Grand Cayman Island and Jamaica. We had a relaxing time on the ship and on the beaches in each port. I actually won enough in the casino to pay for our trip, so that was nice too.

Well, this weekly treatment seems to be going ok. I have finished 8 of 12 treatments, with one today and only 3 more in January. It will be nice to be done with this phase. I have treatments on Wednesdays, Thursday seems to go ok and by mid Friday I get really tired. Saturday and Sunday I usually stay in bed and sleep a lot resting up to go to work. Monday and Tuesday's are my better days. Of course on Tuesdays I take steroid pills which keep me awake Tuesday and Wednesday night, as you can see, I can't sleep at 4 in the morning.

We had a great thanksgiving, Aaron and Melissa and Deon and James helped with the dinner, with me supervising and it was great.
Christmas was good, Melissa pulled off 2 great party's and we visited with family and had a great time. We will have our usual New Years party at our house and be thankful and hopeful for family and good health.

Thank you to everyone that has stood by me, helped me and prayed for me. I love you all and miss the ones that are far away.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 11/02/2015 at 2:44 p.m.

Wow, it's November already. he cooler weather does feel good.
I had my 2nd of 12 weekly treatments on Wednesday, and by Thursday, I got some kind of virus or something. I went to the doctor on Friday, not strep but about the same symptoms. I spent the entire weekend in bed, trying to get better, with antibiotics and Young Living essential oils, that even the doctor told me to do. I do feel better today, but am still week and my throat is still sore and dry. I hope by Wednesday, I will be 100% to get chemo again.
On a good note, 12 days before I am on the beach, I hope I feel good.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 10/28/2015 at 06:16 a.m.

Well, Tuesday night, I tried to sleep, but due to the steroids I have to take the day before chemo, here I am wide awake again. It's funny how I am sleepy all day, but try to sleep at night and nothing. This to will pass though once I get chemo tomorrow, we'll actually today now, because it will make me exhausted again I am sure. But, on a good note, so far this is the only side effect. My mouth sores finally have gone, so I can take anything now. My appetite is back so we are good.

Thank you to everyone for all of the thoughts and prayers, you could never have too many, I appreciate and love you all.

Just 11 more treatments to go and so far I have been able to work every day for at least part of the day. Of course in 3 weeks we go to Roatan, Honduras to the beach. I am really looking forward to that trip and all the family that will be going with us.

And yes, we will be having Thanksgiving as normal at our house, if anyone was questioning that.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 10/21/2015 at 2:13 p.m.

Ok, so I've been really good for the past 2 weeks! My mouth sores are almost gone. I am really good spirited.

Today, October 21st I am starting my 12 weeks of chemo, which has every week. We will skip a week when we go to Roatan on November 14 the first a week.

All is good for now, so I'm hoping for the best through this next phase. Keep me in your prayers.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 10/05/2015 at 12:17 a.m.

I know it has been a while since I update this, but I just have not had much energy. I got past the 3rd chemo just a few days before the 4th one. So I did not get a lot done in between.

September 30th I had the 4th chemo. This one has knocked me down again. I worked most of Thursday and part of Friday. I spent the entire weekend resting in bed. Just don't have much energy.

Monday, 10-5-2015 I went for an echo gram at the hospital because I am so week. I hope the results come in soon and see what they have to say.

Good news is, I am done with the 2 chemo's.

I will start my next phase of chemo, on October 21st. I have 2 more weeks off to hopefully get stronger.

My spirits are good, I'm just tired. Keep me in your prayers.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 09/14/2015 at 5:52 p.m.

So the 6 days have done by after chemo and I start to feel better. Monday, Tuesday and by Thursday I really get my energy back. I had a really good weekend, even went to a birthday party for a friend at Oakmont Country Club. Getting ready work Monday, I realize that I have chemo again on Wednesday, what fun. But on Tuesday, I get to go to Jury Duty first. I have all the paperwork for them to be exempt right now, but I have to show up to give it to them.

I will have chemo again on Wednesday afternoon and as usual, I expect that Thursday and Friday I will be tired and Saturday and Sunday, I will be in bed most of the day. The patch the doctor gave me did help with the nausea this time.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 09/14/2015 at 5:47 p.m.

Well, having my sister here was very nice, but now she is gone and taking care of her family. Before she left, per girl, she helped me shave my head. The hair was just coming out too fast and was making me emotional, so she helped me out. I know that wasn't easy for you Sandy, me either, but thank you from the bottom of my heart, it needed to be done. I have a round head. When I am at home, I usually leave everything off of my head and just walk around almost bald now.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 09/03/2015 at 06:12 a.m.

Wednesday, my sister Sandy came to visit me from Wisconsin, she me me at TX Oncology to sit with me and Mom while I was having my chemo treatments. The chemo went smoothly, but at the end I was feeling a lot of sinus pressure so they slowed it down a bit and that seemed to help. Deon made us all a good dinner with rotisserie chicken and BBQ ring.

Today is also when I noticed a tingling sensation on my head. I tested my hair and took a pinch of hair and about 15 pieces just slipped right out, so it had started. They tell me that this process will take about a week or so and all of my hair will be gone. Now this is making it all very real for me. Up to now I was just going with the flow, listening to the doctors and having all of these procedures and taking half of my breasts, which was not easy,, but I guess losing my hair seems more definitive. This will pass and I will be fine but I can't say that this has not affected me.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 09/01/2015 at 12:32 a.m.

So the weekend was good. I still feel clear headed and awake. My appetite has been good and all is well. I have noticed that my hair is starting to thin out as I brush my hair. I go this afternoon to have my hair cut very short and get fitted for my wig.

Tomorrow, on 9-2-2015, I go in for my next chemo treatment at 11:15.
They have given me a patch to take with me that I will keep on for 7 days, hopefully this will help so I do not get so nauseated. If I only had to deal with be sleepy, that will really help. We will see how it goes.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 08/29/2015 at 12:20 a.m.

Saturday, August 29th. Well, 30 years ago, this body gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Melissa! My day today will be to feel good enough to help celebrate my daughters birthday! We will be going out to eat tonight, I think to Red Lobster, and cebrate all that Melissa has accomplished for the last 30 years. I love you Melissa and I couldn't imagine my life without you. Thank you for giving me so much joy and reasons to be proud of you! Thank you for all of your love, support and help you are giving me right now as I go thru this breast cancer. I love you "my little angel"!

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 08/29/2015 at 12:11 a.m.

So, I felt really good most of the week. I was clear headed the whole week and was able to accomplish quite a bit at work. I still have several loans to work on, but of course, I'm waiting on the customers to send me all of their financials to complete them. I went to see my chemo doctor on Wednesday for blood work and check up. He said my blood counts were good. I did let him know that I was starting to get mouth sores. As the week went on, the sores got worse. It even hurt to talk due to a sore on the side of my tongue that was swollen and would rub against my teeth when I talked. The doctors office called in a prescription for a mouth rinse, and of course, Walgreens had to delay it. They said it would be Monday and I micely insisted that I could not wait that long. I called the doctors office and asked them to call Walhreens to remedy the situation, they did and I picked up the prescription about 5:30 and went home. Wow, this stuff works, but it numbs your whole mouth at the same time. Hopefully it will heal the sores quickly.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 08/25/2015 at 10:04 p.m.

Tuesday, August 25th, started out a little slow, but today I can say I actually felt myself again. Just a bit of nausea and exhaustion. About 1:00, I felt good and still at 9:00 feel pretty good. I hope I can get a good nights sleep also and hope tomorrow is even better.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 08/25/2015 at 9:31 p.m.

Friday I felt nauseated and tired all day. I left work around 3:30, came home and fell right asleep. I slept for 4 hours straight.
Saturday, Debbie and Matt came to see us and to help out. She tried to get me to eat healthy, and most of the time I rested and slept.
Sunday, she made us more food, but no meat, and it was actually good. Thanks Debbie and Matt for all of your help and comfort.

Monday I went to work, still nauseated and tired. Mid day we went to see my surgeon and he said that u am healing really well. Good news. I don't have to see him for 6 months. He is very caring and asked how the treatment was going and gave me some advice and nice thoughts. I slept almost the whole way home. I worked a few hours longer and then went home to rest.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 08/20/2015 at 11:26 p.m.

The first day after chemo, I woke up feeling very full and bloated at 5 am. I took a Roland's and went back to sleep. I slept for another 3 hours and woke up feeling much better. I went to work for around 5 hours. The last hour of work I started feeling very flush. I went to the oncologist at 4 to get another shot to help build up my blood cells. Then I went home to rest. Ate a salad and took a long nap. I just got a lot of rest tonight. I'm about to go to sleep for the night. Sleep tight.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 08/19/2015 at 10:51 p.m.
Subject: Chemo

Ok, so today was my first chemo treatment. First they took a blood sample and my vitals, then went to see the doctor. Then back to the therapy room. The nurse started with s steroid drip and an anti nausea medicine. Then she hand held a syringe with the red medicine, and then another. After that she did the chemo drip and said that this one will be slow so it does not hurt or sting. After a full three hours, we were able to leave. Deon and my Mom were there with me the whole time. So far, I feel good. We will hopefully not see any side effects. I go tomorrow to get a Lunesta shot to help produce more white blood cells, since the chemo will kill them too. Well all for now, I think I will go to sleep early tonight.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 08/18/2015 at 11:30 a.m.

Ok, echogram was good and the CT scan went well and I should get the results tomorrow.

Today, 8-18, I had surgery to out the port in. The doctor said that everything went well. The port is now ready for the chemo to start tomorrow.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 08/12/2015 at 2:41 p.m.

Getting ready for chemo.
August 11, 2015 we went to chemo class, to learn the details of what will happen. Listed side effects and possibilities. The nurse said, by 14 days, you will lose your hair, ugh. Need to go wig shopping.

August 13, 2015 will go to TX Oncology to have the Eco-gram done and August 14, 2015 will go to TX Oncology to have a CT scan done with contrast.

August 18, 2015 I will have a short surgery to put the port in, so it will be easier for them to administer chemo.

First chemo will be August 19, 2015.

Report created by: Cheryl
Date: 08/12/2015 at 2:36 p.m.
Subject: Breast Cancer

I went to see Dr. Grant (Surgeon) on June 17, 2015. I was referred to Dr. Grant by Tiffany Walling (who had gone through breast cancer in 2014) and Christie Sessions. Dr. Grant was great, explained everything and answered all the questions that we could think of. From then on, Dr. Grant's office made all of the future appointments and called me to let me know when to be where.

I saw Dr. Pin (Plastic Surgeon) on June 22, 2015. Dr. Pin was very thorough and answered all the questions that we could think of. This day we also went to the Sammons Cancer center to visit with the Genetics counselor. Then we went to have the MRI done.

On June 23, 2015 we went to see Dr. Morton (Radiation Oncologist) at TX Oncology.

On July 15, 2015 I went to see Dr. Spivey (Chemo Oncologist) at TX Oncology.

On July 16, 2015 I went to Dr. Maxwell to have the EKG and blood work (CBC and BMP) completed for pre-surgery.

On July 22, 2015 we went down to Baylor for surgery with Dr. Grant to remove the tumor from my right breast. Everything went well, I am told, but they did have to take out 24 lymph nodes of which 5 were positive for cancer.
Once Dr. Grant was complete, Dr. Pin took over to do a reduction and lift.
He had to remove quite a bit from the left breast, since Dr. Grant had to take so much from the right breast. So, I am even.

On July 27, 2015 we went for Post Op to Dr. Pin's office, where he said that I was doing great and he removed the tube drain of dr. Grant's.
(He said that if Dr. Grant asks that I should tell him that I wanted it out.)

On July 30 we went for Post Op to Dr. Grant's office, where he said that I was doing great and healing good. (He said that I would be happy to get the tube drain removed and I said, it's already gone. He said that Dr. Pin knew what he was doing so that was ok.)
Dr. Grant then told us about all of the precautions for Lymphedema.
Now I think we both had our jaws drop to the floor. Wow, all of the precautions he talked about. I asked how long would I have to worry about these and Dr. Grant said, the rest of your life. Wow, wasn't expecting that. I guess we will move forward, as I have no other option. I hope that one day they will reduce some of these restrictions.

I was given the thumbs up to fly to Wisconsin for our family reunion.
This was a wonderful trip, good times with family and visiting. Thanks to Sandy for putting it all together and Kerri for helping.

On August 7, 2015 we went to see Dr. Spivey to get the plan of attack.
He said that I will need to come for chemo every 2 weeks for (4) times and then every 1 week for (12) times. Five months of chemo, ugh!

Home | Login | Forgot Login? | Register a Patient | Demo Patient | Public Update Reports
Related Links | Help | Contact Us

Report Abuse | Terms and Conditions of Use | Privacy Policy | Email Webmaster

Copyright 2019 Family Patient. All rights reserved.